Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Wake Island and Iwo Jima Specific Items --
Some of the Federal rules that protect against tour changes and loss of passengers' money in publicly sold charters do not apply to this charter flight.
- “Bona fide members” are members of an organization who: Have not joined the organization merely to travel on a charter flight; and who have been members of the chartering organization for a minimum of six months prior to the date of commencement of the affected flight; provided, that the “six month” rule does not apply to:
- Employees of a single commercial establishment, industrial plant, or government agency, or
- Students and employees of a single school.
- The charter price due the direct air carrier shall be prorated equally among all the charter passengers, except that children under 12 may be offered discounted or free transportation.
- The certificated or foreign air carrier shall make reasonable efforts to assure that passengers transported meet the eligibility requirements of this section. The certificated or foreign air carrier shall also obtain (no later than the date of departure), and maintain for two years, a certification by an authorized representative of the chartering organization that all passengers are eligible for transportation under this section.
Deposits & Reservations –
1. A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required at the time of registration. You may, however, purchase our trip cancellation agreement, which must also be done at the time of registration. Payment of the per person cancellation agreement guarantees a full refund of all payments (including deposits), except for the agreement fee itself, in case of cancellation of your travel plans for any reason prior to the actual day of departure. The trip cancellation agreement does not cover air fare purchase.
2. Complete the enclosed Official Registration Form, along with the appropriate deposit(s), and mail to the address at the bottom of the form. (Note - registration by fax, e-mail, telephone (verbally with a member of our staff) or by any other means constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions as outlined in this document and method of registration is by choice of the registrant.
Cancellations of confirmed reservations or transfers to a different tour or departure date result in penalties by our destination management suppliers. If you have not purchased a cancellation agreement, the following fees will be applied. Air fare is not a portion of this and is covered separately.
a) More than 90 days prior to departure, the non-refundable deposit will be retained by MHT.
b) 89 - 60 days prior to departure, 25% of the land price will be retained
c) 59 - 30 days prior to departure, 50% of the land price will be retained
d) 29 – 15 days prior to departure, 75% of the land price will be retained
e) 14 – 0 days prior to departure, 100% of the land price will be retained
Deviations, Revisions, and Changes –
1. Deviations to tour programs are subject to availability and any additional expense incurred will be borne by the passenger, to include an MHT non-refundable service fee of $100 per person / per deviation.
2. An administrative fee of $25.00 per transaction will be charged for any change or revision made to an existing reservation.
Late Reservations -
Late reservations (within 90 days of departure) either by check or credit card will be accepted on the basis of availability and are subject to a $150 per person surcharge. Late reservations must be accompanied by full and final payment at the time of registration.
1. Unless otherwise specified, airfare is not included. For your convenience, MHT offers air for each tour package. Air quotes include all fuel surcharges, taxes, and fees. Rates are, however, subject to change until paid in full. Seats are limited, and unless you have frequent flyer status or willing to pay for an upgrade may not receive your seat preference.
2. Unless specifically requested, air purchased by MHT will be the lowest available and 100% non-refundable. Any changes to the purchased air schedule are subject to airline change fees and vary for each carrier. Upon purchase, the ticket becomes the property of the passenger. In the event of cancellation and trip cancellation is not purchased, the ticket value may be used for up to one year from its issue date.
3. MHT books airfares with a certified consolidator using Amadeus, IATA, and ARC member airlines.
Passports and Visas -
Valid passports are required for all participants on international tours/cruises. Participants may require a Visa when traveling to certain destinations. If Visas are required, the participant is responsible for ensuring that all Visa application requirements (including correct passport quality photographs) are completed and provided to MHT, Inc. in a timely fashion. Failure to do so could incur additional processing fees. Failure to complete this requirement is grounds for removal from the tour, with all penalties fully enforced at the time of removal.
Physical Disabilities –
1. You must report truthfully in detail any disability or medical condition requiring special attention at the time of registration. MHT will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of tour participants. However, participants should be aware that the Americans with Disabilities Act does not apply outside the United States and facilities in foreign countries for disabled persons are limited to nonexistent.
2. A qualified helper, who assumes total responsibility for the handicapped participant, MUST accompany the traveler requiring any form of assistance. Neither MHT nor its personnel, nor its suppliers, may physically lift or assist clients into transportation vehicles. MHT, Inc. reserves the right to exclude from the tour/cruise any handicapped person whose physical condition impairs the customary operation of the tour / cruise. All participants must be capable of making their own way both on and off the motor coach. Participants are solely responsible for being in sufficient health to undertake the tour/cruise and for taking all appropriate medical precautions. MHT cannot provide medical advice on inoculations or travel health to participants. Participants are strongly encouraged to contact their family physician or Public Health Service for travel health questions.
3. Participants who think they will require assistance should call MHT to determine what assistance may be reasonably given.
Written Notice -
All reservations, cancellations and changes must be made in writing. To avoid discrepancies, tour operator will not act on information given over the telephone until written notice has been received. (Note that fax and e-mail constitute written notice.)
Museum visits, tour schedules, and personal shopping times may from time to time be disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances, closures, or holidays observed throughout the world.
Final payment(s) -
Final payments are due no later than 90 days prior to departure. Passengers failing to meet this deadline are automatically liable for final payment and will be charged for the balance due on their account, unless written notification or other arrangements were made with, and received by our office, prior to the 90-day deadline. Acceptance on tour/cruise is subject to verification of full payment by Military Historical Tours and by passengers’ completion of all required conditions for the tour and at the discretion of Military Historical Tours.
1. Military Historical Tours (MHT), Inc. (tour originator) Woodbridge, Virginia, tour/cruise producer, tour/cruise sponsors, and/or their agents, act only in the capacity of agents for this tour/cruise. As such, agent's liability is limited to the conditions specifically assumed by them in this publication. The airlines concerned are not to be held responsible or any act or omission or event during the time the passengers are not on board their aircraft or in the course of any operations of embarking or disembarking. The passenger contract in use by the airlines concerned shall, when issued, constitute the sole contract between the airlines and the purchaser of this tour/cruise. Baggage is handled throughout the program entirely at the owner's risk. The tour/ cruise operators, and their agents accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses incurred through delays or changes in flight schedules or transportation service, nor for injury or losses incurred due to weather, strikes, bankruptcy or quarantine or other causes beyond their direct control. If the services and accommodations put forth in this publication cannot be supplied due to causes beyond the control of the tour operator, all reasonable efforts to supply comparable services will be made.
2. Any individual reserving/purchasing any MHT tour accepts that MHT reserves to itself the exclusive right to change or cancel itineraries, hotels, and other tour components whenever it is deemed necessary. If this occurs, every effort will be made to offer alternate solutions, dates, or programs. In the event of a tour cancellation by MHT, the customer will receive a full refund (with the exception of the non-refundable deposit), unless they decide to roll over to another tour.
3. Published times on itineraries are as accurate as possible, but subject to change due to conditions beyond the control of MHT. MHT disclaims any liability for damages that might occur due to changes, cancellations, or delays on any itinerary on any MHT tour.
4. All rates on published foreign tours are subject to currency fluctuations and may be changed when necessary without advance notice prior to deposits.
Single Share Requests -
MHT attempts to match participants who are traveling alone and who wish to share a room to alleviate the single room supplement charge. Should we be unable to do so, the single supplement will apply and notification of this development will occur prior to departure.
Travel Protection –
MHT recommends Travel Protection to help protect you and your trip investment against the unexpected. Please refer to our [website] to view the Product Flyer for more information and rates on the available plan. Upon request we can mail via USPS or email you the Product Flyer. Please call our office for questions and details (9:30-5:30 EST).
To view/download the Policy based on your state of residence, visit: http://policy.travelexinsurance.com/ACGB-1217
Tour Participants –
1. In order to insure the smooth operation of all tours/cruises and to ensure congenial tour groups, MHT, Inc. reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a tour/cruise participant and to expel from the tour any person for any reason, including, health, safety, or conduct deemed incompatible with the interest of the group.
2. Any minor child participating in an MHT tour must be accompanied and supervised by an authorized adult for the complete tour. MHT will make reasonable efforts to accommodate special needs of the minor. However, MHT cannot provide special individual assistance to any minor on tour. The adult will be totally responsible for the conduct and care of the minor. MHT cannot accept any parental or other responsibility.
Tour Pricing -
All prices are based on a minimum of 15 tour/cruise participants and are quoted in US Dollars based on tariffs and exchange rates received from suppliers and available at the time of publication. Prices are subject to adjustment in the event of international currency fluctuations, fuel increases or any unexpected increase in tour costs, state or local taxes and/or local tariffs.
Tour Discounts -
All discounts and other reductions in tour/cruise costs, must be applied prior to final tour billing, (90 days prior to tour departure). MHT is not responsible for any unclaimed monies once final billing occurs. Finders’ fees are payable upon completion of tour. Multiple discounts cannot be combined — each discount is applicable to one tour registration only. The larger discount for the participant will be applied to the invoice.
Travel Kits -
Final trip materials for fully paid participants, including optional airline tickets and vouchers, will be mailed approximately 14 days prior to departure.
Unlimited Personal Release Agreement -
MHT reserves the right to use your image and name in all forms and media including composite or modified representations for all purposes, including advertising, website or any commercial purpose throughout the world and in perpetuity. You further waive the right to inspect or approve versions of your image used for publication or the written copy that may be used in connection with the images and release MHT and MHT’s assigns, licensees and successors from any claims that may arise regarding the use of your image including any claims of defamation, invasion of privacy, or infringement of moral rights, rights of publicity or copyright. MHT is permitted, although not obligated, to include your name and biographical information, including my military rank as a credit in connection with the image. You have the right to opt out of the use of your image and name by informing the MHT Office and/or Tour Leader.
1. Neither MHT its affiliated entities and its and their employees, shareholders, officers, directors, successors, agents, and assigns own or operate any person or entity which is to or does provide goods or services for these trips. MHT does not maintain control or operate the personnel, equipment, or operations of these suppliers it uses and as such MHT assumes no responsibility for and cannot be held liable for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be occasioned by reason of (1) any wrongful, negligent, willful or unauthorized acts or omissions on the part of any of the suppliers or other employees or agents, (2) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment, or instrument owned, operated or otherwise used by any of these suppliers, or (3) any wrongful, willful or negligent act or omission on the part of any other party not under the supervision and control of MHT.
2. Additionally, responsibility is not accepted for losses or expenses due to sickness, lack of appropriate medical facilities or practitioners, weather, strikes, theft or other criminal acts, war, terrorism, computer problems, or other such causes. All services and accommodations are subject to the laws of the country in which they are provided. MHT reserves the right to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in their sole judgment, conditions warrant, or if MHT deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the tour. MHT reserves the right to withdraw any tour announced. Neither does MHT accept liability for any carrier’s cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable airline or other ticket to the tour departure city and return or otherwise. Baggage and personal effects are the sole responsibility of the owner at all times. Payment of the deposit to MHT constitutes acceptance of all above terms and conditions.
13198 Centerpointe Way Ste 202
Woodbridge, VA 22193-5285