IF YOU MISSED THIS “BUCKET LIST” EVENT IN 2020 DUE TO IT SELLING OUT & COVID-19 – REGISTER NOW FOR 2021!
THE 76TH ANNIVERSARY OF IWO JIMA REUNION OF HONOR TOUR DATES HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT & THE GOVERNMENT OF JAPAN! PARTICIPANTS WILL COMMEMORATE THOSE WHO FOUGHT IN THIS EPIC WWII ISLAND STRUGGLE AS THE IWO JIMA ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA RETURNS TO IWO JIMA!
The 76th Anniversary Commemorations is tentatively scheduled for Saturday 27 March, 2021 on Iwo Jima as the Joint Ceremony with the Japanese will be conducted at the Memorial above Red Beach. Visits to Mt. Suribachi and the Landing Beaches to walk the "Black Sands" are scheduled. MHT is the tour partner of the Iwo Jima Association of America (IJAA) and in cooperation with United Airlines we have chartered jets for the day long visit to walk the battlefields of this epic clash during the Pacific War. Guam will again be the base of operations for the IJAA Battle Symposium and 76th Anniversary Banquet.
Early in the morning the IJAA tour will depart Guam for a day-long Memorial Tour and Observance on Iwo Jima. Upon arrival, you will be met by the official U.S. and Japanese Government delegation consisting of representatives from the Armed Services. (We will land on the site of Motoyama airfield #2.) After visiting Mt. Suribachi and the scene of the famed flag raising captured by Joe Rosenthal on 23 Feb 1945. Afterwards, Veterans and their families will gather near the landing beaches to conduct Memorial Services at the Anniversary Monument. These services, conducted by Dignitaries and Veterans of the United States and Japan, will remember and memorialize those young men who gave their lives during the savage campaign for the island. Following a box lunch, we will continue touring the island to include the landing beaches. Late in the day we will return to the airfield where this historic day began, to gather one last time in friendship and camaraderie on the sacred soil of Iwo Jima.
The Iwo Jima Association of America will host a team for the Marine Corps Marathon this year so join them in Washington, DC this Fall.
Tentative Event Schedule for Iwo 2021
1. Depart US March 16 and lose a day crossing the international date line arriving March 17.
2. Tour Peleliu leaving the morning of the 22rd and arrive Guam
3. Free day on the 23rd.
Guam Main Tour:
1. Depart US on March 22 and lose a day crossing the date line arriving the evening of the 23rd. Welcome and check in.
2. March 24: Tour of the southern half of Guam…Asan Beach, Az Mem Museum Agat, Fort Soledad, followed by lunch at Jeff’s Pirate’s Cove.
3. March 25: Tour Big Navy (War Dog Memorial, Pan Am area, Sumai, Orote Airfield, etc.), Agana (Chocolate house, Governors’ area) and the last command post. Lunch on Big Navy. Evening Banquet.
4. March 26: Iwo Symposium, lunch and boarding pass issuance.
5. March 27: Iwo Day departing the hotel at 05:15.
6. March 28: free day for beach time with a 5PM departure to the War Museum of the Pacific and fiesta.
7. March 29: return home or continue to Saipan or Honolulu.
Saipan/Tinian Post Tour:
1. March 29: Morning flight to Saipan touring the island seeing Hill 500, invasion beaches, sugar dock, Mt Topachau, suicide cliffs, museum, Japanese cave, hospital complex, etc.
2. March 30: flight to Tinian to see the atomic bomb pits, Runway Able, invasion beaches, etc.
3. March 31 and April 1: finish touring Saipan followed by an evening dinner on the beach.
4. April 2: Return to US.
Hawaii Post Tour:
1. March 29: Depart for Honolulu arriving the evening of the 29th.
2. March 30-31 April tour Honolulu.\
3. April 1: return home.
76th Anniversary Iwo Jima Reunion of Honor (TBD 2021)
- Product Code: 2103-PAC-IWO
- Availability: In Stock